Staying motivated to workout or exercise can be the biggest thing to actually stop you from doing it. Over the past year I’ve found my love for working out and to actual enjoy it. Enjoying exercise sounds strange but honestly it can happen. Here’s a few of my tips of how I stay motivated:
● Join a gym with a community feel. When I started going to the gym I joined a small gym in the town where I live, and it is great as everyone knows each other and has a real community feeling.
● Work weekly, see what other plans you have and add the gym or your work outs in around that. Check your schedule on the Sunday night plan your gym days for the week and stick to it. I always add when I’m going to the gym to my iCal on my iPhone so then if it is in my calendar I have no excuse.
● Workout with other people. My gym offers different classes and by attending these classes, you met new people. I’ve met so many people through the gym and I’ve started going running with them and meeting up to do various gym sessions. So go find yourself a new gym buddy.
● Get yourself a personal trainer. I know it is their job to help you and work you hard and motivate you, but it really does help you physiologically as well. I’ve had a personal trainer and it helped with my thought process so much. Your brain tells you no when really your body can be worked much more. With a personal trainers support and guidance your motivation will grow and you will be able to start motivating yourself without them.
● Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Drinking water during a workout can keep you hydrated and give you a boost to complete your exercise or workout. Get yourself a motivational water bottle even. That should definitely help.
● Create yourself a motivation workout playlist. Find some songs that just put you in a good mood and make you happy. Add these to your workout list, put your headphones in and away you go. Smash out that workout.
● If the sun is out, switch your workout up and take it outside. Everyone is so much happier when the sun is out and it is the same with a workout. It also enables you to switch your workout routine up changing it for the outdoors, but that glorious sun will be sure to get you through your workout.
I hope you find this post useful – if you have any more ways to keep up with the motivation be sure the let me know.
Have fun working out!